Structural Engineering Services
Phone: 1-919-645-4090Contact Form
How will your structure stand up to extreme wind? One of the structural engineering services ASI offers is a wind analysis. This can be done as part of an overall design analysis, or provided as a standalone service. This analysis evaluates the readiness of your structure when it comes to progressive collapse, and other structural failures.
Using its Applied Element Method (AEM) based structural analysis tools called Extreme Loading® Technology; ASI can accurately assess the vulnerability of an existing structure subjected to extreme wind loads. Additionally, ASI can propose and model retrofit schemes for the structure, comparing the behavior of the structure before and after retrofit. This assessment can be done for both structural and non-structural components.
ASI’s analysis will answer the following questions:
- Will the structure collapse due to an extreme wind event?
- What is the severity of the collapse; is it local or global?
- What is the collapse mode?
- Will surrounding structures be affected?
- What changes can be made to limit the spread of the failure and mitigate progressive collapse?
Wind Analysis Services Include:
- Testing structural elements and their effect on the overall integrity of the structure during a critical failure.
- Determining the change in internal forces resulting from the loss of structural elements.
- Analyzing structural behavior in a 3D environment.
- Highlighting global effects including catenary actions, collision and impact of flying debris, and collapse modes.
- Simulating the collapse in 3D showing the behavior of each element in the structure.