Today we are releasing the newest version of our Cold Formed Steel (CFS) software, SteeelSmart System 7.8!
We’ve been working on our Light Steel Framing Software for the better part of 20 years now. With every release we use market feedback to make the software a little better than it was before.
At this point we can confidently say that SteelSmart System is the best Light Steel Framing Software on the market.
The purpose of the software is the same as it’s always been, to provide structural engineers (and anyone else) with a structural design software tool engineered for optimal design and detailing of light steel framing studs, joists, shear walls, and connectors.
What’s New with SteelSmart System 7.8?
There were several updates to 7.8. The most significant changes are below:
- Design codes have been updated for all modules. (IBC 2018 and ASCE 7-16 and Canadian NBC 2015 with AISI S136-12)
- Updated load generator with hazard data database and enhanced roof slope calculations
- Ability to export ruff truss information to SteelSmart Framer
- Enhanced loading functionality for wall modules along with “Apply To All” option for some settings
- Added shear center location (m) to the output results in the Section Properties Calculator
Download the SSS 7.8 What’s New Flyer for a full list of features
If you have a current SSS subscription, you have the ability to update to this new version. Your renewal date will remain the same, but you will have access to all the new features.
To download the new version, log into your ASI Portal here:
Don’t have a current license?
To buy the new version, log into your ASI Portal here:
Please contact email@example.com with any questions, or give us a call at (919) 645-4090.