SteelSmart® Framer - Cold Formed Steel BIM SoftwarePLUGIN FOR REVIT SOFTWARE
Better Light Steel Framing
SteelSmart Framer is a Cold Formed Steel BIM Software developed to provide Light Steel Framing contractors and engineers with a powerful new tool to better design, estimate, and communicated CFS (LSF) on projects using Autodesk® Revit® Building Information Modeling (BIM) software.
- Fully integrated 3-D BIM modelling in Autodesk Revit
- Create wall styles & layouts for standard wall types
- Easily model every stud, track, shear walls, and connector
- Know exact quantities and lengths for all all light steel framing
- Export complete material take-off to Excel for the whole structure, plus separate panel lists
- Export panel drawings with panel material lists
- Export plan layouts
3-D Cloud Based Project Collaboration
Cloud Based Project Collaboration with BIM modeling provide the design and construction team a centralized workspace to efficiently collaborate on the construction of your next steel framing project.
Benefits of 3-D Cloud Based Project Collaboration:
- Comprehensive 3-D model that includes all steel framing and connections.
- Review and comment on a full 3-D model from anywhere using your computer, tablet, or mobile phone.
- Project plans are updated instantly for the entire team to ensure the most accurate information.
- Improved quality and accuracy in the field.
Benefits of Steel Framing:
- Lower Costs – Steel framing has the highest strength-to-weight ratio of any building system, results in no hidden construction costs related to fire safety for combustible framing systems, and results in lower insurance rates.
- Increased ROI – Quicker & easier installation with completely straight studs and joists mean less time on the jobsite. Also there are no hight or floor size restrictions allowing for maximal use of land footprint.
- Resists High Seismic & Wind Conditions – Steel is an inherently stable, manufactured material that is both consistent and ductile making it more efficient than wood in withstanding such major events as fire, earthquake & high wind.
- Corrosion Resistance – The protective zinc coating over cold-formed steel will last nearly 700 years before the level of corrosion resistance deteriorates.
- Mold Resistance – Steel does not retain water and unlike wood framing, cold-formed steel is inorganic and won’t provide a source for mold and mildew.
- Resists Termites & Pests –Termites represent a significant threat to the long-term resilience of a building throughout most of the U.S. CFS is one of the few materials that can resist termites in nearly any climate or building type.
- Does Not Burn – The performance of steel components and steel structures in fire has been researched more extensively than any other building material. Cold-formed steel does not burn and will not contribute to the spread or intensity of a fire.