Demolition Engineering Services
As construction methods and materials have grown increasingly complex over the years, so has the need for new and more accurate methods of engineering and designing the demolition of such structures. Utilizing its advanced 3-D Nonlinear Dynamic Structural Analysis Tools, ASI Engineers can simulate and optimize controlled collapse and implosion plans before the demolition.
With extensive expertise in the design and structural analysis of demolition for buildings, bridges, industrial facilities, sports arenas, and many other complex structures. ASI has designed and analyzed more than 30 controlled collapse demolitions and implosions around the world, with a 100% accurate track record. In addition, four projects that ASI was involved in won the World Demolition Award for Explosive Demolitions in 2011, 2013, 2014, and 2016.
Study the effects of:
- Weakening & Strengthening: Evaluate different types weakening cuts, complete removal or addition of structural elements, and the sequence & locations of such structural modifications.
- Controlled or Induced Collapse Demolition:
- Implosion: Evaluate different scenarios of timing & locations for explosive charges.
- Pulling by Cable: Evaluate different scenario of cable strength, cable location & pulling direction, and required pulling force.
Structural Engineering Services
Demolition Planning Services:
- Pre-Bid Proof of Concept: ASI will work with your team to provide a proof of concept for your demolition to utilize during the bidding process with your client.
- Demolition Design: ASI will work with your team to design a safe and efficient demolition based on your project requirements. Multiple demolition plans can be safely and efficiently evaluated virtually without expending resources on the job-site that might result in loss of life or property.
- Demolition Analysis: Given the actual demolition plan, ASI can provide an accurate analysis of the proposed plan. If the proposed demolition plan indicates the possibility of a mishap or hazard, ASI can suggest alternative scenarios or modifications to the planned approach. ASI can also provide engaging visuals early on in the bidding process for encouraging plan approval or for display in public forums.
- Weakening Analysis: Provided with a weakening plan, ASI can model and analyse the effects of the proposed weakening on the structure. This can also include a wind and/or seismic analysis if the structure resides in a high wind or seismic area to ensure that the structure does not fail prematurely.
- Seismic Ground Vibration Analysis: Propagation of seismic waves created by structural debris in the soil can be studied to determine the potential negative effects of the demolition on neighboring structures and underground infrastructure such as gas pipelines or subways.
- Dust Analysis: Dust generated by demolition is a challenging environmental hazard and common nuisance to the local community. This is especially the case for controlled collapse demolitions that can produce a large amount of particulate all at once. ASI can estimate the size, speed, and direction of dust generated by controlled collapse demolitions so you can reduce environmental impacts.
- Noise Modeling: Noise generated on demolition job-sites is a common discussion between demolition contractors, property owners, and the local community. To ensure public safety and address concerns of extreme noise, ASI Engineers can provide estimates for sound intensity in dB due to the explosive process at the different diameters from the demolition site.
- Comparative Analysis: A comparison of the actual demolition with the predicted outcome of the demolition plan can also be generated. ASI can combine both the predictive simulation and the actual demolition videos as a side-by-side reference for further analysis or marketing purposes.
- Forensic Analysis: Should your demolition not go as planned and fail, partially collapse, fail in the wrong direction, ASI can perform a forensic analysis of the demolition. If the structure has not fallen, ASI can provide assistance in determining next steps to safely complete the demolition.
Past Demolition Design & Analysis Projects:
Exclusive Demolition Analysis Program:
ASI is currently partnering with demolition contractors and demolition consultants around the world to provide demolition analysis services. For more information about the Exclusive Demolition Analysis Program visit the Demolition Analysis Website.
Click on the logo to the left to find the Exclusive Demolition Analysis Program Member in your region.Demolition Analysis Website
Contact us to Request a Free Demolition Design Quote:
Do you have questions about how to work with ASI on your next demolition project? We would be happy to setup an appointment with one of our engineers to review your project and see if demolition analysis is right for you.
2012-A TW Alexander Drive
Durham, NC 27709