Using its Applied Element Method (AEM) based structural analysis tools called Extreme Loading® Technology; ASI can accurately assess the vulnerability of an existing structure subjected to extreme loading cases such as blast, progressive collapse, impact or seismic events. Additionally, ASI can propose and model retrofit schemes for the structure, comparing the behavior of the structure before and after retrofit. This assessment can be done for both structural and non-structural components of the structure.
ASI's analysis will answer the following questions:
- Will the structure collapse in an extreme loading event?
- What is the severity of the collapse; is it local or global?
- Will first-response teams have time to evacuate the inhabitants?
- What is the collapse mode?
- Will surrounding structures be affected?
- What changes can be made to limit the spread of the failure and mitigate progressive collapse?
Structural Vulnerability Assessment Services Include:
- Testing structural elements and their effect on the overall integrity of the structure during a critical failure.
- Determining the change in internal forces resulting from the loss of structural elements.
- Analyzing structural behavior in a 3D environment.
- Highlighting global effects including catenary actions, collision and impact of flying debris, and collapse modes.
- Simulating the collapse in 3D showing the behavior of each element in the structure.
- Exceeding General Services Administration (GSA) progressive collapse guidelines by analyzing the concurrent loss of multiple structural elements.