When it comes to Cold Formed Steel (CFS) design, our team of veteran engineers and scientists are powered with our proprietary SteelSmart® Technology (SST). This allows our team to optimize the design of loadbearing and non-loadbearing light gauge steel structures, the application of lateral wind/seismic loading, and export of layout and connection detailing.
ASI can also take CFS design a step further when atypical loading design requirements such as blast or progressive collapse are necessary. With our proprietary Extreme Loading® Technology (ELT), we provide superior 3D analysis and cost savings through performance based design as standard practices typically rely on hand calculations or simplified analysis.
|CFS Design Services
- Curtain Wall Design for Blast: Complete non-loadbearing wall design for wind and seismic loads including panelization and detailed connection drawings.
- Mid-Rise Design to Resist Progressive Collapse: Complete structural design with CFS as the main structural system. Designs can be optimized for upwards of 10-stories.
- Value Engineering: Working with the engineer, we will evaluate existing wood, structural steel, or CMU designs to determine opportunities for savings with light gauge steel designs.
- Architectural Consulting: Working with the Architect, we will assist them with the incorporation of light gauge steel components into their designs.
- Panelization & Detail Drawings. Complete panelization and detail drawings including: wall layout, framing members, cross-sections, shapes, and connection detailing.
- Peer Review: With more than 200 years combined design experience we provide peer review services to verify the suitability and efficiency of proposed building systems.
|Specialty Design Services
- Blast Analysis
- Demolition Analysis
- Performance Based Design
- Progressive Collapse Analysis
- Seismic Analysis
- Structural BIM Services
- Building Owner
- General Contractor
- Structural Engineer